Barefoot, a longtime supporter of the LGBTQ community, wanted an unforgettable presence at the NYC Pride March. We created a parade float activation that tapped into the cultural swell of interest in the ballroom culture, ala Pose on FX and Paris is Burning. A DJ spun as 40 members of the ballroom scene competed on a catwalk.
- Create a parade activation that celebrates ball culture and the inclusiveness it represents.
- Wow 2 Million+ Pride attendees driving awareness and applause for Barefoot’s support of the community
Ideated, developed, produced a parade float, employee march and ballroom competition/performance. Elements included:
- Real NYC Houses competing in a live ball competition on a moving float, with live DJ spinning
- 100 members of the LGBT employee resource group marched with the float, engaged with the crowd, carried themed signs (10, Werq, Slay, Yaaaas Queen), and waved large Barefoot rainbow flags
- Billy Porter, of Broadway’s Kinky Boots and FX’s POSE, was a guest celebrity on the float